T-Maxx Drive-line upgrades.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am getting a list of parts, needed for my T-Maxx Project. (Found the maxx, tho.) This can't be a nitro build.(cranky old people.) However I am going to get the fastest brush-less combo I can afford. :D

Now to fix all the weak points, in the drive-line. Here the upgrade help I need.

-Tranny upgrades.
-4 outer CVD's. (I don't need the centers.)
-Shocks.
-Axle Carriers. (RPM, 3.3 Traxxas, other?)

Upgrades I will be getting, in the next few months.

-RPM True-Track and RPM front A-arm.
-lunsford Turnbuckle Hinge Pin
-Great Assembly Bulks
-Tonys Screws Kit.

Is there anything I forgot? It's been long time, are these parts still good? (I had them all years ago.)

Thanks.

Your brand choices are good. All decent companies. As far as the axle carriers go, use RPM. You may also find yourself changing your mind later about the center CVD's. I run my slipper on the tight side and it would twist through the plastic OEM drive axles pretty quick.

The centers will have to be custom made or come from a different RC. That is why the centers are not needed, from the T-maxx Line.

Thanks, I will grab the RPM one's. I maybe fitting a Savage 3SPD Tanny in, not sure.

The RPM axle carriers have known issues with the pivot balls popping through the carrier.
Many people having the problem.
There are a few better options, but need to know which version of the carriers you are running (2.5 or 3.3)

+1 on what snook said. I have the rpm carriers on the front of my tmaxx and have the issue of the pivot balls popping out everytime i hit a hay bail on the short course i run on at my friends house.

Still??!! How long does it need to be, for them to fix that? The Maxx I have is a 2.5, I can run the 3.3 carriers. unless there is a better aftermarket carriers.

thanks.

I to went through two sets of rpm carriers before i bought the new improved stock 3.3 carriers and never looked back. To tell u the truth i am not so impressed with rpm after all, i have bumpers that the coating lasted about a tank of fuel. Then i have a broken bumper mount, pulled pivot balls through the carries as said before and yesterday the pivot ball pulled right out of the a arm on a very small bump. And its not a no questions ask warranty, u send them in and they evaluate wether it was product failure or human error. Then its ur word against theres from that point. Other than that we have had good luck with the revo spec axles and carriers on the max, but have been twisting the end where the pin goes through on the center shafts.

Back