T maxx Big block conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could have mounted the servo right there in front of the fuel tank and just ran the linkage directly to the carb.

Yeah but I think its gives it a cleaner look with all the servos mounted in the same area. I didnt mean racers edge chassis. I meant FLM chassis

Fair enough. I'm putting mine on the side just because I like the direct linkage. I think I may have to lower my servo mounts though because there is not a lot of space between the corner of the mount and the end of the spur shaft.

Just a quick update here, my lhs's computer crashed and he lost my order for my tuned pipe. :( :( now I'm going to have to wait a few more days before I can mount everything and fire this baby up for the first time. Sad days for me :( Also a side note here, if any one needs a replacement battery door for the T maxx transmitter remote, the part number is 2223.

K so I picked everything that I needed minus the pipe, and I went to put my front diff and cid driveshafts in and I found 2 problems. 1 is that I'm missing a bearing on the right side and this is the other

HPIM1202.jpg

yeah thats what I thought as well. The bearing that is missing doesn't go into the diff but through the knuckle for the output driveshaft. That would explain why I was having a lot of wheel woble. It will all be addressed this weekend. I'm prolly just going to get a set of RRP gears and not worry about it anymore. I emailed that guy about the driveshaft, Lessen, and he has never emailed me back. Guess he doesn't want any business.:\

ok so I have everything together now except for the new tuned pipe. Here are the pics of it together
HPIM1203.jpg

HPIM1204.jpg

HPIM1205.jpg

HPIM1206.jpg

HPIM1207.jpg

HPIM1222.jpg

I finally got the pipe!! :first_place:

I also bought a spektrum DX3S remote. I gotta tear everything down tonight and change the reciever and put on the telemetry suff on.

Last edited:
I installed the new hump pack. Even though I dnt have a remote right now (waiting on the warranty fix from Horizon hobby) I can tell a huge diffrence from the failsafe kicking in.

HPIM1333.jpg

HPIM1334.jpg
\

However My maxx still has other issues. I'm still waiting on the new spur gear. Also I have another question for all. When you install the screw in the end of the crankshaft to hold on the CB, How tight should it be? I'm supposing that it should still turn freely but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
The screw should be tight and locktite'd. If you can't tighten the screw without putting pressure on the bearings, then you need to change the shims for your flywheel or bell bearings. The CB should have about .25mm of play in and out with the screw tightened down.

The screw should be tight and locktite'd. If you can't tighten the screw without putting pressure on the bearings, then you need to change the shims for your flywheel or bell bearings. The CB should have about .25mm of play in and out with the screw tightened down.

Ok thanks. I just bought a new shim and spacer kit for it. I knew about the loctite, but I wasn't for sure about the rest.

Back