Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy1jr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am looking into getting some shocks for my axial. I dont now what to get, What would be a good pair to get? my crawler sits to high and I want to lower it so it dosent flip over so much?:\

You can adjust your ride height (sitting too high) by adjusting the shocks without changing them out. I'm not familiar specifically with crawler shocks but the concept can't be too different from 1/8 scale buggy/truggy that I'm familiar with. By changing the spacers (or screw gap) on the shock body up or down you'll change your overall ride height. The amount of rebound you have set will also affect this. I'd assume with a crawler you want soft but firm with little "bounce", the same concept as a setup for very rough buggy tracks. By going to a low rebound setting (like 25%) your springs are doing most of the pushing and spring gap adjustments will have a greater effect on ride height (among other things).

I'm assuming you have the stock axial shocks? a good shock is a Losi crawler shocks or a traxxas big bore, they are 4" wich is shorter than the axials. you can just limit yours right now to get them down some, put a piece of fuel tubing around the shaft under the piston, like maybe a 1/2" piece would help a bunch. but try not to change where they mount, if you start changing the angle of the shocks it will make a huge difference and not for the better usually cuz the shocks starts working less like a shock but more like a solid link with rod ends lol.

I'm assuming you have the stock axial shocks? a good shock is a Losi crawler shocks or a traxxas big bore, they are 4" wich is shorter than the axials. you can just limit yours right now to get them down some, put a piece of fuel tubing around the shaft under the piston, like maybe a 1/2" piece would help a bunch. but try not to change where they mount, if you start changing the angle of the shocks it will make a huge difference and not for the better usually cuz the shocks starts working less like a shock but more like a solid link with rod ends lol.

I keep hearing people say dont use fuel tubing cause it splits... Use a plastic or metal spacer??

use any of it. fuel tubing can split after awhile but if he wants to get he rig lower and save towards some good shocks then it will be fine....

use any of it. fuel tubing can split after awhile but if he wants to get he rig lower and save towards some good shocks then it will be fine....

Very true. I ran fuel tubing in mine and never had a problem.

Fuel tubing will work for a while, but will fail in the long run, I know this from first hand experience, just check your ride height often. Or like mentioned just use a plastic or aluminum spacer and not have to worry about it...until you can get better shocks, Axial also has a aluminum comp shock that is either out or coming out soon...it looks promising, but I have not heard much about it...

Thanks guys ill look into getting losi shocks

Back