Shhhh

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get 5k with no right offs.?? I made a little over 20k more than last year and I end up paying uncle sam. How does that work? If you make more money, you pay more taxes, right? So how do i owe even more...?

How do you get 5k with no right offs.?? I made a little over 20k more than last year and I end up paying uncle sam. How does that work? If you make more money, you pay more taxes, right? So how do i owe even more...?
I was wondering the same thing. The only right off I have is head of household and interest on my home. I claim single and 1 and they rap me. I usually get around a $1000 back every year. Good thing I had health insurance, if I wouldn't have I would of had to pay $1,500. It's 2% of your total income. So they would have kept my $1,000 and I would have owed $1,500. Crazy!

Not sure how. I've always gotten $ back. Last year was like $3k. This year made 14k more and got almost 5k back.

I think it depends what tax bracket your in. I'm in a higher tax bracket so they take more and I don't get hardly any of it back. When I was in the $35-$45K income bracket I would get usually $2-3K back.

Made significantly more than that.

Well I need your accountant LOL. I was in the $80K+ range and they stuck it to my ass lol.

holy crap Id KILL to make $80k....errrr ummmmm I mean Id really like to make $80k...*whistles while trying not to look at the cop*

My income comes from 18 years with a cabinet countertop company and I'm the Field manager for 5 locations. I have 143 employee's poop I have to deal with everyday on top of ritzy stuck up ass people all day. You know the one's that the husband kills himself working all day, they live in a $800,000 house and all she does is runs walks and worries about where she going to meet her friends for lunch oh and they have a maid and the wife doesn't work. Yeah those people.

Last edited:
holy crap Id KILL to make $80k....errrr ummmmm I mean Id really like to make $80k...*whistles while trying not to look at the cop*

I worked my ass off to get close to that with very few days off. To me its about making as good a life for my family as possible.

My income comes from 18 years with a cabinet countertop company and I'm the Field manager for 5 locations. I have 143 employee's poop I have to deal with everyday on top of ritzy stuck up ass people all day. You know the one's that the husband kills himself working all day, they live in a $800,000 house and all she does is runs walks and worries about where she going to meet her friends for lunch oh and they have a maid and the wife doesn't work. Yeah those people.
Yeah I do IT support for a research and development organization so most of the people I have to deal with everyday are largely arrogant PHD asses who all think their work is more important than everyone else and they have to have their stuff fixed the day before it broke. I'm so sick of dealing with those type of people but its the best money I can hope to make where I live. They make anywhere from $80k-250k. Most of the people who work where I work have to have a PHD and have had scientific papers published in their area expertise so they all think their really something. Seems like I should have went to college longer lol.

Try being the popo. lol
Heck no! I have a fond respect for you guys. Pretty sure I would be the one locked up the first time some idiot spit in my face or threw up in the back of my car etc. My temper wouldn't allow me to be in your line of work. Especially now with all the citizen rights blah blah going on. The way I see it if a cop tells you to get on the ground just do it. Pretty sure Michael Brown would still be alive if he would have just done what the cop asked. Just my 2 cents.

I can't believe how much they tax bonuses. We get a bonus every 6 months for not quitting and the gubment takes 40%. :(

meh, plenty of money can be made without college. Sure beats leaving with the loads of student loan debt that most seem to have these days.

Lotta companies will throw money at you if you are willing to travel. Just depends how hard you want to work for it. We can pretty much choose 70-250+

Heck no! I have a fond respect for you guys. Pretty sure I would be the one locked up the first time some idiot spit in my face or threw up in the back of my car etc. My temper wouldn't allow me to be in your line of work. Especially now with all the citizen rights blah blah going on. The way I see it if a cop tells you to get on the ground just do it. Pretty sure Michael Brown would still be alive if he would have just done what the cop asked. Just my 2 cents.
You just have to learn how to apply pressure in such a manner as to illicit a tactile response...Or whatever it is a long those lines that my buddy Shawn says. Hes been a cop in a bad town for something like 18+ years now. Hes close to retirement and his body has been beat all to hell to prove it. I'm with you though, I dont want to try and do that job no matter how uch it pays.

LMAO....that's apparent.
:cry:

meh, plenty of money can be made without college. Sure beats leaving with the loads of student loan debt that most seem to have these days.

Lotta companies will throw money at you if you are willing to travel. Just depends how hard you want to work for it. We can pretty much choose 70-250+
Unfortunately in my line of work i need more education either in the form of degrees or certs to move up past where I am now. unless i was willing to work in the middle east... yeah no thanks O_O lol. And i know about student loans all to well...

Last edited:
Back