Servo problem. Traxxas Rustler TRX 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Hiers

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After I crank the truck, I can throttle the control, and everything works fine. The problem I'm having is, the brakes don't seem to work at all and when I try to apply the brakes, it's almost like it bouncing that servo motor from brake to throttle and it gets stuck. I have no control of throttle after that and I can only hope I can get it turned in my direction and stop it before it gets too out of control and cut it off. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it? Is there something inparticular causing this? Is there a thread on here for servos and how they work?

The brakes are adjustable and so is the servo linkage. There are more adjustments possible with a computer radio.
Which transmitter are you using?

The brakes are adjustable and so is the servo linkage. There are more adjustments possible with a computer radio.
Traxxas 2018 Standard Servo

I'll have to get back to you about the transmitter.

If its getting stuck, then its probably the servo- its stock too, so Id recommend looking into getting a much better replacement from hitec or savox. As rolex said, test the receiver. Also, swap the steering and throttle channels round. Oh, charge your batteries too.

Back