Server Donation Drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My fellow RCNT'ers it's been more than 5 years since we've last upgraded the server this site runs on and is now in need of an upgrade to keep up with the growing demand and to improve the performance of the site as well. I believe I've already picked out a new server build which will include 3 times the current memory and solid state drives which should greatly increase the responsiveness of the site.

The new setup costs break down like so:
$280 Hosting fee /month
$199 Setup fee
$250 Server administrator

Total about $730.

The move/upgrade is going to happen no matter what and will hopefully start very soon. That said, if you would like to send a donation of any amount that would be greatly appreciated.

Donate to Server Upgrade

As a bonus, one year Supporting Membership will be given for free for every $20 a member donates - (current [USERGROUP=12]@Supporting Member[/USERGROUP]'s will have their time extended)

Amount Raised:

$230.00

Let me get some contracting jobs completed and I'll get you some money to help keep this place running well.

I've got a Pentium 4 and a box full of dead IDE HDD's that need shifting...

On a serious note, I would like to donate but at the current time money is tight- I am looking at becoming a supporting member in the near future though :)

I'll throw in. Happy to help and not having ads is a nice perk!

Thank you Mr. I'll Deny everything, for your donation. :D

Still plenty of work left to do, but the server move has been completed. If you guys see any problems please let me know.

I couldn't hear the audio in your last post. It's not showing in 3-D, either.

At least it's in 1080p....

What are you two on about? The only thing I've noticed from my phone is that the menu access is different. I can't even see the ride of the month winner in the banner, unless I'm on my iPad mini.

The only thing I've noticed from my phone is that the menu access is different. I can't even see the ride of the month winner in the banner, unless I'm on my iPad mini.
I was noticing a number of issues with the navigation on smaller devices such as phones and small tablets. The new menu makes it easier to pick where you want to go as it was a little difficult in the old menu.

The ride of the month does hide in small devices as it was impossible to see it with the RCNT logo on top so in many cases the ride was completely covered. So to make the site load faster on mobile devices the background image is hidden.

Back