savage xl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt2racespec

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sup its been awhile since iv been on. Sold my savage 4.6x on flea bay. Ordered savage xl from stormer hobbies. . Whats the 411 on them heard they were really fun. My 4.6 did wheely s ran great considering I sealed the engine. . Hows the 5.9?:)

Terrible to tune likes to get hot i took mine out after like 4 runs n bought an lrp30spec2 n love love love it now I'm tryin to get the loot for another 30 n send it to robin at extreme rc mods to have it put on steroids lol

The K5.9 engines are definitely bad about air leaks. If you tear it down and seal it up good from the start it will be a lot better running engine. Also I have switched over to a Cen pipe on mine ran like a total different machine. I would recommend this pipe to anyone. The stock HPI pipe just doesn't flow that great on the 5.9 engines. I never get above 260 degrees.

I got my xl today its awesome !! Pulling the engine tomorrow to seal it. Its way bigger then the 4.6x I just sold . Its all about brand new . Rc trucks .

Started the break in process today let it idle and heat cycled it . On the 2nd tank doing some on and off throttling nice and easy . Driving it heat cycling . Runs well considering there's no tune yet .

Back