Savage X SS motor swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys its time to replace the axial .28rr 2 in my savage. Thinking about going with the picco boost 5tr .28 ps, the nova plus .28-7ps,or the OS vg .30. The nova is a bit expensive so I've been learning towards the picco or os the os only comes as a roto which I prefer a pull so I've been leaning towards the picco boost. I've never owned a picco but have heard mostly good things. If you have any experience with these engines please feel free to give you opinion. Looking for honest non bias opinions. Thanks in advance for replies.

I have a Picco .28 modded in my Savage X and it's insane. Any Picco .28 will run great.Excellent engine for the money.so you won't go wrong there.I have nine nitro's.All Picco except a modded LRP.28 AND .32. I mod all my engines.And Picco produces big power!!The LRP.28 is a screamer and the .32 is a power house also.But the the meanest is a 8.0 engine I modded.So if you ever decide to mod the engine there is no need to buy the most expensive one.The basic Picco.28 will do,because you're changing everything anyway.AND you will want to upgrade the bearings.Hope this helps.

I really like the LRP28S3 in mine. I had an axial once... not the RR though. I never got good power or tune out of it and ended up selling it for parts.