Savage X not starting!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrothers726

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the site and i am hoping someone can help me out.. I have tried alot!

I am having issues starting my Savage X. I havent used it in a while and there was still a little bit of fuel in the bottom of the tank. I emptied it out and changed fuel. I am using 25%. When i try to start it a few times is started for about 5 to 10 seconds idling and then it cuts out. Seems to be when i first try to start it after it sits a while, then after that it doesn't start at all.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old fuel had gummed up your needle valves. You have to remove them and clean them using some fresh fuel, then reset and re-tune.

Well I got it started tonight, but it def needs to be tuned because fuel is coming out of the exhaust.. Also, when I hit the throttle the car doesn't move but the linkage moves.

No when you hit the throttle the linkage moves that's it. It doesn't rev up. The car inches forward very slowly when it is idling.

With the air filter removed, does the slide open the carb when the linkage moves? If it doesn't, you need to find out where the mechanical problem lies between the moving linkage and the non-moving slide. If it opens fully but does not rev up you apparently have a very clogged LSN. If the slide opens fully and the car sputters but won't accelerate, it could also be due to the LSN being set too rich causing flooding issues.
You need to be more specific with your symptoms, such as how does the engine behave when you give it throttle, even though it doesn't move the car. When does it spit oil, at idle or when you throttle up? How does the engine sound change?

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/

I will look at it again tonight and i will give you an update. As of right now it doesn't rev up but it spits fuel from the exhaust. The motor just idles and it the truck tries to inch forward very slowly by itself.

thank you for all the information.

Thanks everyone for their help. I got everything working now i just need to tune it. Thanks again