Savage Half Tank Lean Issue and Fix Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwalk03

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I have posted this on a few other forums and just asking around to try to get as many responses as I can. Well after hours of reading tons of threads I'm still not sure what to do. I don't know if I should just Mid-Tank Mod it and get some extended TVP's and buy everything I need for prob $125-150 the way I want it from Fast Lane or Innovative RC. I was thinking about trying one of the simple fix's first though. About half the threads say to loop a fuel hose and about half say get them as short as possible. I ordered a pressure fitting and a One Way Valve. I am planning on adding the one way valve between the muffler and tank cap to keep constant pressure in the tank. I am going to cap off the stock fitting the fuel goes out of and add the pressure fitting at the bottom of the tank with tubing long enough to loop a few times and zip tie to the shock towers. I am hoping this would work. Does anyone have any input on doing the mod like this and do you guys think this will fix the HTL issue? I will probably go with the Mid-Tank sometime soon but am going to try a simple fix until I get the time to do a complete Mid Tank setup. This is for a Savage x 4.6.

I don't understand what your problem is.... :confused:

I was just asking if the masses thought adding a pressure valve at the bottom of the tank with a few loops in the tubing and adding a one way valve from the muffler would fix my half tank lean issue. Or should I approach this in a different way. I will be doing a mid tank mod in the fairly near future.

Back