Savage 25 to big block question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbones

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can someone please tell me what I have to do to a Savage 25 to get a big block in it? Is it as simple as buying the side frames for a 4.6 and changing them to give me extra length?

your savage 25 already is a big block bud
any big block will fit directly on your stock mount

your savage 25 already is a big block bud
any big block will fit directly on your stock mount

Well I'll tell ya what I have. I don't remember what motor was in it when I got it but I bought a used HPI Nitro Star 25 motor and put it in. Now I want to change that. I have an XTM 24.7 and a Kyosho 28 and both of those are way too big to fit in it. Is it possible that I have a savage 21 or smaller version or something? Right now, there is no way I could move either of those engines back far enough to get the gears to line up, especially with the pull starter on the back. I'm almost thinking of putting a 3.3 in it because I have one for a spare for my Revo and Maxx, and the block size of the 3.3 is the same size as that HPI 25 engine.

Well I'll tell ya what I have. I don't remember what motor was in it when I got it but I bought a used HPI Nitro Star 25 motor and put it in. Now I want to change that. I have an XTM 24.7 and a Kyosho 28 and both of those are way too big to fit in it. Is it possible that I have a savage 21 or smaller version or something? Right now, there is no way I could move either of those engines back far enough to get the gears to line up, especially with the pull starter on the back. I'm almost thinking of putting a 3.3 in it because I have one for a spare for my Revo and Maxx, and the block size of the 3.3 is the same size as that HPI 25 engine.

they should both fit man
just use the clutch off of your hpi engine
and sorry a traxxas 3.3 is a small block,the screw holes will NOT line up
like i said ANY true big block engine is a direct bolt on for ANY nitro savage ever made

they should both fit man
just use the clutch off of your hpi engine
and sorry a traxxas 3.3 is a small block,the screw holes will NOT line up
like i said ANY true big block engine is a direct bolt on for ANY nitro savage ever made

Yes sir, as I'm sure you are aware, you are correct on all accounts. I put the 24.7 in today. Thank you. I'm presently working 12hr midnights shifts and my line of thought is a little out of whack. I usually don't work on this stuff until I finish working nights and get on days.

Yes sir, as I'm sure you are aware, you are correct on all accounts. I put the 24.7 in today. Thank you. I'm presently working 12hr midnights shifts and my line of thought is a little out of whack. I usually don't work on this stuff until I finish working nights and get on days.

I understand man,workin the graveyard shift SUCKS
glad you got your savage going :D

Have fun and happy bashing

Charles

Just got called back to the graveyard shift last night! Man I dont want to go in tonight.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Graveyard shift blows.:( my job has me on a rotation one month days one nights one midnight and so on, talk about adjustment...:angry: I feel your pain guys.

Graveyard shift blows.:( my job has me on a rotation one month days one nights one midnight and so on, talk about adjustment...:angry: I feel your pain guys.

This would be the job where someones going to hear some "not so nice words" I thought 3rd was bad. I couldnt imagine doing that!

If that's not bad enough, every poop I work has different people on it..work suxs..

Ya that would suck! Theres doing it so noone really knows anyone. That way people wont "socialize" and makes them work lol

yeah in my savage.21 i put a .28sh in with a 16tooth clutchbell was tight but fit.don't know about an 18tooth might be a wedgey,,,,,,,,,,,,,