RIP Robin Williams

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read that a little while ago. RIP to one of the best and most talented actors of all time.

I just read the story as it hit the news on line. How unbearably sad.
It's often been said that many comedians cover their depression by creating laughter for others.
He was one of the most brilliant comics I've ever known, and his depression finally caused him to take his own life. Dreadfully tragic.
We really loved you, Robin.

What the hell? This is the first I've heard of this. I really enjoyed that guys movies. What a bummer.

Whaaaat!..unreal, I will never forget nor will I stop laughing when I think about ms Doubtfire

That really sucks. He was one hell of a talented and funny guy. My Dad and I never missed his TV shows / movies when I was growing up. RIP Mork, you will most definitely be missed.

Damn. This is the first I've heard of it. It's a real bummer that he died like that. RIP Robin Williams, comedic genius.

He leaves some huge shoes to fill. One of the best actors to ever live. Such a good dramatic actor.

So wtf was his deal? What was eating the guy up

Shazbot!

RIP Robin Williams. You will be missed.

It's incredibly sad that somebody that brought such joy to millions could be in such dark place himself, he will be sorely missed.

RIP Robin Williams....truly talented man. I will never forget his bit about how golf was started.

He was at his absolute hysterical peak in the days of Johnny Carson, but most of his energy came from cocaine and alcohol, an addiction he fought for many years. He cleaned up and STAYED clean for over 20 years but just about 2 months ago I read that he had re-entered rehab for alcohol again.
It has to be bad when you fall back after 20 years. We'll never know what took him to this point, but today the world is a sadder place without him.

I read the same thing about his recent stint in rehab too. Money woes. Career woes. Took a TV show because he needed the money as poor financial decisions. a few severe substance addictions and he just rolled over and gave his ex's whatever they demanded. So he was close to broke as a millionaire can get. I never saw the show, but think it got cancelled.

I grew up watching him. My first recollection was of him doing his Mork from Ork bit on an episode of Happy Days, which led to Mork and Mindy. I never missed an episode. So funny. I still have his first couple of his early comedy albums in the attic. Reality...What A Concept from 1979 and Throbbing Python In Love from @ 1983. If I only still had a turntable.

One of the most diverse guys out there, did adult stuff as well as actually good family stuff. Jacob The Liar, Good Will Hunting and Worlds Greatest Dad are my top 3 favorite of his.

One of my happiest memories before going in the army was watching "Robin Williams: Live at the MET" with my wife shortly after we were married.

He will be missed but not forgotten by many thousands of people, RIP Robin Williams.

Rarely do I cry when celebrities die, this is one that made so much of my life special with laughs and inspiration..... Robin you did so much for me and made the funniest movies and gave me alot of joy and humor!!! RIP Robin I will miss you dearly.

Robin Williams in happier times:

Last edited by a moderator: