revo ez start wont turn over

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destep64

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I got a revo on a trade, tried to start it but it wont do anything, the glow plug light just blinks on when you hit the start button, tried 2 different wands and both do the same thing, tried 2 different plugs and it does the same thing, ground is attached good, blue wire is intact. I just dont know what else to try other than maybe a new harness

Sounds like the engine is gummed up or the ez start motor is burnt out. Try turning the engine over by hand first

Sometimes the harnesses fail too, I have had several fail on me! Best thing to do is find a Ofna rotostart backplate and a nice ignitor!

Engine will turn over, so I guess ill try a harness and see what that will do

Wand battery is good and fully charged? Personally I would ditch the ex start and get a pull starter and a glow plug igniter and be done with it.

I would agree if the ez start is shot upgrade to a pullstart and glow ignitor job done.
I would test the ez start first ,pull it from the truck and connect the red and black wires the the motor and try that.