Revo Electric Conversion PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drako2323

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, I have an old Revo 2.5 that I recently started converting to electric. I am currently running the stock transmission from my 3.3 Revo but I know that the high torque is going to shred my gears quickly. My question is: Does anyone know if a stock E-Revo transmission will mount to my 2.5 chassis? I am trying to avoid upgrading my current transmission with steel gears because I get easily lost and over my head when inside the transmissions. I already ruined my stock 2.5 trans. by trying to install the new gears that came with my conversion. It made horrible grinding noises and ran in reverse. Also I want to keep reverse function but I am told that my ESC can be programed for reverse. Does this require any modification to the trans. or will the reverse gears simply not be utilized anymore? Any advice or reference material other than YouTube would be greatly appreciated.

an E trans will not direct bolt in ,it can be done but is no where near as easy to change the stock gears to steel. a forward only conversion is included with the steel gears and the trans also needs to be locked in 2nd. once converted the car will be ale to go fwd and rev via the motor not the trans.
what motor and esc are you going to run? and what conversion kit are you using?

an E trans will not direct bolt in ,it can be done but is no where near as easy to change the stock gears to steel. a forward only conversion is included with the steel gears and the trans also needs to be locked in 2nd. once converted the car will be ale to go fwd and rev via the motor not the trans.
what motor and esc are you going to run? and what conversion kit are you using?

I bought my conversion kit from Kershaw Designs. It came with two metal gears. One large one and one small one that go inside the trans. It also came with a metal gear for the motor shaft. I also purchased my motor and ESC from Kershaw Designs. The ESC is a Leopard Hobby WP 150A and the motor is a 2400KV brushless "KD" branded. I'm going to power it with two 5000 Mha 35C 3S Lipos in series.

So if I need to convert my entire trans. to an all steel gear forward only setup. where is a good place to find VERY detailed instructions on how to install it as well as how to lock out first gear?

From the sounds of it that kit comes with trans gears. If you are unsure email kershaw they should supply decent instructions

From the sounds of it that kit comes with trans gears. If you are unsure email kershaw they should supply decent instructions
Yeah, I tried that. the kit came with a one paragraph instruction with a poor picture that might have been helpful if I had some sort of an idea of what I was doing in the first place. I tried contacting them and was offered a full refund if I wanted. I tried sending another email and have been ignored. Their customer support is severely lacking. At this point I think that I would rather just get a full metal gear replacement kit that hopefully comes with good detailed instructions. I did a little research tonight and found one from Robertson Racing that looks promising. Are you familiar with them or do you have any other brands to suggest?

I havent done the conversion myself but Robinson racing gear is top stuff not the cheapest but good quality gear and should go together like a std trx trans so if you are unsure check the traxxas site as that will also have some threads on locking the trans into 2nd.
Also i would start with 4s ,alot more controlable and not as hard of your driveline. I have tried 6s on both e revo and e maxx and the only thing it was good for was blowing tires up lol

Can you post a pic of the instructions from kershaw?

Back