redcat vids and pics from the weakend bashing session, long post!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
sunday was the first real bashing session i had since last year. had no where to be, no where to go and nothing that i love doing more then rc'ing. the wife is out of town(if thats what you want to call it) and i really needed this after a super long week. i packed up my 2 rigs and everything i needed to fix any carnage that may happen and hit the road to happyness. i found this decant spot not far from home, but far enough if ya know what i mean. an abandoned golfing range. its really wide open with a good site range as well. i was looking for more jumps and obsticles but was happy with what i found. nothing big enough to lose my sences. i finally got the rage tuned perfectly and man am i happy with it. the 28.5 and the X-can give it just enough power, but not enough to worry about breaking anything. I'm still undecided as to pull the mt tires off it or just be happy with the way it is. all the alum really paid off. I'm pretty sure i would have burried that plastic with all the "cart-wheels".. besides my shocks and the body its pretty much industructable(shafts coming this week) i ran it for just under 3 tanks(3 hours) before the front stock shock crapped out, and by that time i was ready to fire up the torment(tt). i havent really run it in yet. i put 1/2 tank on it saturday and 3 full tanks sunday. its definatly lacks in power, but the stock mill has potential with a pipe. it jumps fairly well, but nose dives a little. I'm able to correct that with throttle responce at the base of the jump. but if it hits slightly off he flops around like a fish out of water.the torment took many good spills and some really hard knock arounds that i thought would bring me back to my pimped out track side ride(). but nothing. took a fair amount of abuse. i have some tunning to do with the suspension so it jumps better but not till i get my new shock shafts. I'm going to get a side dom and a few other things and call it done. i think it will hold up fairly well for what I'm going to use it for. between 2 rigs i ran more then 5 tanks of fuel with the only casualty being one stock shock shaft..so to say that it was a good day is an understatement. i needed this.

sorry for the long post, thanx guys!!!
"RAGE" redcat mt, all alum
"TORMENT" redcat tt, box stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!! that looked like alot of fun!!! Thanks for the vids.

Nice! Is that an upgraded clutch spring on the MT? It sounds less sluggish than some of the other Rampages I've seen. The buggy's muffler is way too quiet though :D

Nice! Is that an upgraded clutch spring on the MT? It sounds less sluggish than some of the other Rampages I've seen. The buggy's muffler is way too quiet though :D
ya it has a 8k spring with a 28.5cc, but it has an X-can wich isnt much better then the stock can, just louder.. and the tt DOES sound like a weedwacker and lacks in power. i fixed that with a debit card and one of these http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5734/.f should be here for the weekend..