RedCat Racing 1/5 scale

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_fusaro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How is the Rampage? Anyone have one of these cars? Looking to move up to a bigger scale I am really not impressed with redcats smaller scales but the price is ok need some advice....

You kind of answered your own question. If the smaller scales are crap why would you buy a larger one?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

I've never had a Redcat, but I've heard their 1/5 scales aren't too bad. Just keep in mind that they are probably limited to stock or Redcat upgrades. It would be great if you were near a Redcat dealer, if not, you stuck with ordering online. I'd plan on doing a teardown to make sure locktite is on all metal to metal screws, and look into getting upgraded electronics.

you are right that redcats 1/10 and 1/8 stuff is junk but i have heard good things about there 1/5th scale stuff. the only thing is that it is hard to get parts because not many hobby shops carry redcat parts. if you are on a budget have you looked at king motor bajas or rovan bajas? they are almost the same thing as the hpi bajas but they are like half the price and all the parts are the same. so when you need a part you lhs will probably have the parts.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=king+motor+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I believe Squirrel actually give the Rampage a good review. One of the few (if not the only) good redcat review I've seen him give. heres the link to the first video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrW4kc03qg"]Squirrel's RedCat Rampage TT Review 1/3- Initial review - YouTube[/ame]

I have good, I have seen a lot of bad. We will not work on them at our shop anymore. I will say...they have good quality Lexan bodies, and the shocks aren't bad.

SC-Revo
Amp'd-RC
"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

I've seen one in person that was decked out with all the hop-ups and it was actually a very nice truck. I almost bought it, my LHS was asking $600 as a consignment sale. Anyways I thoroughly checked it out and I was impressed it looked like all the parts were pretty beefy, it was 4x4 aswell. Almost looked as good as my beefed up Baja 5B for a fraction of the costs.