Rearming my savages.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, a while back I ordered what I thought was two picco p3 pullstart engines, which turned out to be one pullstart engine, and one bump start engine, so about a week after their arrival, I managed sell them on a couple local sites "frog lake online", and "infomall".

So, then I ordered a pair of picco boosts, that just sat on my table, well i did use one for about a tank and a half, then i ran out of nitro, and haven't bought any since. I reluctantly sold the picco boosts to two oilfeild pump operators that were just getting into nitro. I was truly kicking myself about letting them go, until I was looking to replace them. So I started with the a-main site, and a-main says the picco boost .28 is discontinued, now I'm kinda happy I let those go, but I'm still looking for a couple of .28s

So guys lets have it! Show me some engines please. They're going in my savages
I like this one: http://www.novarossi.it/2012/index.php/en/products/rex-car_engines/off-road/legend-28-8ps.html

Seems like you want a higher end engine. If not, the LRP28S3 is a great middle ground, I'm running 3 of them currently. Too bad it seems RB closed up shop, their engines in youtube videos always seem to scream like no other.

I don't own a savage, but these two look ok- don't have any experience though.

LRP Z28R SPEC 3: https://www.lrp.cc/en/products/nitr...lrp-nitro-motor-z28r-pullstart-spec3/details/
Picco .28: http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-28.php

The LRP I think is going in maybe list, I actually had a pair of P3s, I let them go as a package deal.

Seems like you want a higher end engine. If not, the LRP28S3 is a great middle ground, I'm running 3 of them currently. Too bad it seems RB closed up shop, their engines in youtube videos always seem to scream like no other.

I don't mind the LRPs, never heard of an RB... I shall youtube them, even though they're discontinued also.

RB are gone?

Odd there website seems fully operational even the RB USA page, maybe they are just selling what they have left on the shelf.

Yeah, I don't see the MT big blocks that they offered or the Revo/t-maxx drop in that they had as well. Or they did away with them. Too bad, the revo engine was pretty nutty. I saw a newbie running one once and cringed when he went WOT off EVERY jump for over an hour. Can't believe the thing didn't grenade on him. Spent most of the time replacing his spur gears due to doing repeated unsuccessful backflips and losing it while doing high speed wheelies. The guy was not open to suggestions or help... was fun to watch at least.