Pull Start vs. Easy Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXChevyXx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Which is better and why? I'm kinda tired of the unreliability of the ez start and might change to pull start.

Last edited:
Why is your ez start unreliable? Is it cutting out? Not lighting glo plug? I hate to say it but I have had ZERO issues with my ez start, I have tried to justify pulling it off for a pull start or a bump box but I can't. Dang thing just keeps turning the engine over like theirs no tomorrow even with the 3.3 and it's need to be tuned every single time I start it.

One, it takes to long to get it started and i use a glo ignitor instead of the ez start wire. Also it's a lot of extra items to carry around with you in case you need to start it again. Plus if I want to run it I have to wait for batteries to charge and then only to have them go dead trying to start the thing. Plus half the time the ez start doesn't crank over the motor because of compression i think but it works a little better if the motor is warm.

One, it takes to long to get it started and i use a glo ignitor instead of the ez start wire. Also it's a lot of extra items to carry around with you in case you need to start it again. Plus if I want to run it I have to wait for batteries to charge and then only to have them go dead trying to start the thing. Plus half the time the ez start doesn't crank over the motor because of compression i think but it works a little better if the motor is warm.

Well first thing is the colder weather tightens the motors up a ton which will make it hard to turn over. And i also believe if u have such a hard time getting it started i think u might have something else not quite right. I prime my truck and it fires right up everytime.Oh and if u use the glow plug wire it will be one less thing to carry around.

So whats the best way to prime it, I don't have a prime button on the carb and sometimes plugging the exhaust doesn't work? The revo runs great it's just a pain to start.

blow in the pressure tube on the exaust. thats what i do as long as mt fuel tank oring is good it primes in like 1/2 a second.

I ditched the ezstart for a pull start. I just didn't like carrying around the wand. I always blew into the pressure line to prime. In colder weather I would preheat the engine with a hairdryer and it would start on the 2nd or 3rd pull.

maybe wrong but i dont see how plugging the exhaust wouldnt prime unless maybe u have an air leak around the gas tank lid or something. Just a thought, i always prime like that and never have a problem.

maybe wrong but i dont see how plugging the exhaust wouldnt prime unless maybe u have an air leak around the gas tank lid or something. Just a thought, i always prime like that and never have a problem.

I forgot where i got that from but on my first Rc which was an HPI Mt2 I would plug the exhaust, give it a few pulls and it was primed. Ill have to try the pressure line next time i'm home. Is there any way to put a primer button or anything like that on the revo or would I have to get a new carb?

no idea on that, maybe someone else can chime in. Never really seen a setup like that but ya never know.

i just put one off a mgt on a tmaxx its the best thing ever. your lhs should have them in stock.

pullstart

+1 on pullstart..never looked back after replacing the ezstart

My ezstart is a PITA...I'm looking to take it off and put a pull start

how long does the rope last in the pullstart ??

As long as you don't over pull it, it should last awhile. They aren't that expensive to begin with in the case they do break.

mainly make sure the rope doesn't pull against anything and u should be good.

i havent looked back on my pull start. but with the about of fuel iv used i have worn out the one way bearing and or the shaft so i have both on there way from the states.

Hey i got my picco 26 maxx and it had a pull start , i found it was nothing but a pain in the hand , maybe coz it was in break but it broke in the first two months , I've put my ez start onto the the picco and its great .... i will not be changing back Also it was my ez start from jato which i had for maybe two years now lol ;)

ez start is ok. but i think thats why my bearing or shaft is failing. also the glow plug part in the wand breaks and u have to carry around a glow igniter then. too many things to walk around with.