Problem with Novell Client and Windows XP.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
Well I have no idea if anyone here runs Novell but I thought it was worth a try. I am currently at work pulling my hair out over this problem. I have gotten this to work before but now I need to install the client on a different rig. I have compared registry keys until my eyes go blurry. I have yet to find a difference. But if I import the keys from the one box to the other it causes instant death to XP after a reboot. :( And apparently there is no offical Netware newsgroup any more. :(

I am having a problem using the Auto Logon feature descibed in Novell TID 10052847. What I am trying to accomplish is manually log into Netware using any account but automatically log into Windows XP using a specific Windows account. According to the TID these are the registry keys that I need to add/modify

Auto login to NT and manual Login to NDS

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AutoAdminLogon = 1

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\DefaultPassword = NTpassword

HKLM\SOFTWARE\NOVELL\Location Profiles\Services\[1E6CEEA1-FB73-11CF-BD76-00001B27DA23}\[Location_Profile_Name]\Tab3\DefaultDomainName = ACME_DOM

HKLM\SOFTWARE\NOVELL\Location Profiles\Services\[1E6CEEA1-FB73-11CF-BD76-00001B27DA23}\[Location_Profile_Name]\Tab3\DefaultUserName = Administrator

HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\AutoAdminLogon = 0

HKLM\Software\Novell\Login\AutoAdminQueryNDS = 1 NOTE: This has to be a
DWORD registry key. Creating it as a string will break the NDS login completely.

The problem I am having is AutoAdminLogon key located in the Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon keeps changing back to 0 after a reboot. I have been looking all over to find the answer to this problem but it seems that no one has encountered this.

The client that I have installed is 4.83 SP2.

Back