Pipe and header

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, lookin for a new header, the stock Traxxas one cracked on me right at the coupler. Looking for some recommendations and want to stay around the $60 range. If I could afford a ERCM, I would in a heartbeat but I have a budget to stick around. If any of you have a spare lying around and want some cash for it, let me know, other than that, what would be a great combo for my budget?

what would be a great combo for my budget?

Tough call. Let me know what she will allow. :hehe:

Lol, good call Rolex, this is why my budget is set as is!:D

Alright, I decided to go with the THS 146H. If anyone has some real world experience with this pipe combo let me know!

what pipe are you running currently ,may help with the selection process.
I had that ths pipe lying around for like 6 months unable to sell , I ended up giving it away lol , good pipe for a sb but it wasn't up to a .26 reddot .
I would suggest the platinum manifold which is spring mounted ,and cheap for now till you save enough dosh for an ercm.
on my 2.5 revo I fitted up one of those trinity clone pipes with good results ,$28 shipped from china yay!!

The current pipe is the TRX stock bolt on header and Resonator pipe. I went with the 146H because it had good reviews and I like the spring/header attachment. I know traxxas makes the same spring/header but I wanted to try a different setup. The current Picco max .21 mill I am running should be a good match for this setup if not a improvement over stock.

haha anything is an improvement over the trx pipe ,while I was waiting for the knock off setup I drilled the stinger to an inch of its life.
the stock manifold is a pita ,you would think traxxas would ditch it for a spring mount but you know....its traxxas.

I picked up a RD Logics twin pipe for my revo the other day. Haven't installed because only after I purchased did I do some homework and the reviews are not great. Thoughts on this pipe?

I picked up a RD Logics twin pipe for my revo the other day. Haven't installed because only after I purchased did I do some homework and the reviews are not great. Thoughts on this pipe?

Ya return the pipe and spend $ on something that will actually increase performance

i picked up a rd logics twin pipe for my revo the other day. Haven't installed because only after i purchased did i do some homework and the reviews are not great. Thoughts on this pipe?

ths 146h

Thanks I'll check it out

---------- Post added at 5:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:18 PM ----------

Everywhere I've found the ths 146h it's out of stock. Not easy to find.

Back