Os .21 factory needle settings?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anybody know what the factory LSN and HSN on a os .21 tm is? How many turn out from fully closed?

Should be in your manaul under the carb section but this is what I found at towerhobbies.com. hsn 2 and a half turns. Lsn turn 30 degrees either way to richen or lean. Mid half turn in from flush. Idle screw is not noted on the webpage. These are also general settings and the manual should be used for accuracy.

Should be in your manaul under the carb section but this is what I found at towerhobbies.com. hsn 2 and a half turns. Lsn turn 30 degrees either way to richen or lean. Mid half turn in from flush. Idle screw is not noted on the webpage. These are also general settings and the manual should be used for accuracy.

Thanks I got the manual and there is nothing in there. I'm having a lot of trouble dialing this engine in a lot more than any traxxas motor I have tuned. Does it give a count on the lns I'm not real sure where I need to be.

No it just says to start there. It does say to lean the hsn little by little for about 5 tanks. So maybe an hour in each tank. The os engines are very tight from the factory and my 18 runs on lean side but under 250.

Is your lsn flush or does it need to be in a turn past that. I found some info on it and it says 2 1/2 turns out on lns and 3 on hns. 2 1/2 turns out on lns is about a 1/8 in from flush. I'm confused cause from factory when I got the engine my lns was about a 1/8 out past flush so I'm just not real sure where I need to be on the lns I got the hns pretty close but the lns is whooping me.

Go to osengines.com and look under manuals and the settings are there.

I figured it out thank you. LNS is flush and HNS is 3 turns out and mid is 2 1/2 turns out.