Ofna/picco .28 turbo glow plug?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atitagain

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can anyone tell me what glow plug I should run in an Ofna/Picco .28 Turbo Factory Team engine #21233? I just bought the engine and the instructions recommend plug #'s 51007, 51008 or 51006 None of which are available.....

Just make sure you get a medium turbo plug. Odonnell's Mccoy, and OS are all good choices.

Ok thanks for your help. So pretty much any turbo glow plug works?

---------- Post added at 7:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:46 PM ----------

As long as its medium heat range? I think ill be running 20 or 25% nitro.

ok thanks, I see allot of people are running the o.s p3 or p4 plugs which are hot plugs? Also my LHS had a Dynamite 2506 #7 medium plug I picked up.

My picco .28 turbo likes a hotter plug.
I accidentally grabbed a medium plug last time out, couldn't figure out where all the power went.
I run 25% fuel.

But a mates LRP .28 regular plug engine prefers a medium plug on the same fuel.

Great! Thanks for the post!

ALL PICCO engines prefer a hotter plug. I run the NEW 2012 PICCO Boost and it loves the HOT plug. Check out Triton R/C Lace has the PICCO plugs there on his site along with the new line of PICCO motors.

Triton R/C

Thanks! I've been searching for the Picco plugs... I should have waited for the new engines to come out before I bought mine :eek:

Back