Novak Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am going to purchase the new AE T4, with it the Novak brushless motor and some 2800 packs. Is the Novak worth it for the price? What about maintenance? Will the truck be fast with this motor compared to my Savage?

Yes the novak is worth the money imo. there is NO Maintence at all involved and the power is intense. I'd say the truck depending on gearing will be quicker and probably have a higher top end than a savage.. if the savage is stock geared wiht the stock engine.

What battery capacity packs and runtime are you getting? I plan on running a 7 cell pack, will that work better? Will I get longer runtime? and faster truck?

Combine your brushless with the new Lith-Poly 8,000 MAH Packs and you will be the shiznizzle of the neighborhood! 20 minute runtimes with higher speeds than conventional NiCd packs!

Check out the latest issue of Xtreme RC for more info! Its awesome!

where can I get those packs from? Do I need a special charger?

Hacker is the company that has been testing them. However, Triton makes a charger for them already. Cost is about 150$ for the charger. Part #LXCJG7

The pack in the mag has Xtreme RC Cars stamped on it but it looks like Thunder Power manufacturers them. The code for the pack is 2S4P (2 series 4 parallel). 3.7 volts on each side of the cell and 8,000 maH. Li-Po 8000maH, 10.2 oz weight, 20 minute runtime.