nitro star 15 stalls when decelerating and doesn't have an lsn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack 53

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so i went out on a limb and bought 2 busted nitro rc cars from a guy on craigslist.

I mixed and matched and have one that starts with some throttle, idles like a dream, does burnouts, runs fast when full throttled, and doesn't bog down or lean out (did i say that right?) when pushed.

the problem When i drop the speed after a certain point it refuses to return to idle. I even gave it about 6 seconds to decelerate from half throttle and it still died
i scoured the internet and found a lot of tuning advice but all of them had suggested tuning the lsn

here's a pic of the lsn lacking carb

and here is an ad for it on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171967785634?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

the engine attached to it is a nitro star 15fe

any help is appreciated
thanks

Yeah, that carb sucked balls. About all you can do is find a happy medium between too rich and too lean, then adjust the idle screw to bump it up a bit.

Then hope the engine breaks so you can get one with a proper 2 needle carb on it.

Well I may try to replace it with an sh 18 engine

The newer version has a better carb, and is pretty cheap :)
define cheap

and does anyone know if there are any possible replacement carburetors? can i duct tape a new one on?

define cheap

and does anyone know if there are any possible replacement carburetors? can i duct tape a new one on?
£35 ($60) A relatively good engine for a cheap price. It's not really worth strapping a new carb on because it'd cost half the price of the newer engine, which is much better.

£35 ($60) A relatively good engine for a cheap price. It's not really worth strapping a new carb on because it'd cost half the price of the newer engine, which is much better.
OK, thanks.

Cheap SH engines aren't bad, but don't last an overly long time. XTM used to run those engines and I think redcat runs them too these days.

When I had a rig with that engine in it, I replaced it with an OS18CV-R(X), was a nitro mt.