nitro engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh4686

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What is the best nitro engine you can buy......I'm thinking about buying a spare.... I have a werks b5

Well, asking what the best nitro engine you can buy is like asking what the best car is, some people may say the hennessey venom GT, because it's the fastest, but some people will say a Bentley continental GT because it may not be as fast, but its more comfortable, anyway, I'll shut about cars and say as a spare just have the stock engine for your car. If you want another engine with similar performance to the B5, loom towards the B6 (smoother bottom end, better for buggys) or the Novaross P5XLT, or any engine from LRP, O.S or GO engine in your price range that's got good reviews. It depends on the person.

I understand what your saying I would just like some help picking something out I'm new to the nitro world

I understand what your saying I would just like some help picking something out I'm new to the nitro world
That's fine :) are you looking for something with similar performance as your b5, or something that's cheaper?

Was gonna see is there was something out there with better performance money is not the issue

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmmwDkctCIAhws5o_R4y9MmeMLZkJgwW28O4IseA9wX4mES0Yv6GfHiHHvEI7KCkzkPhHKC10&usqp=CAE.jpg

What about this motor

Was gonna see is there was something out there with better performance money is not the issue
OK then, how about the Novarossi P5XLT, clocked- or the Novarossi mito 7. Or the werks b7 pro. Really its up to you, those are my recommendations :)

I don't see the b7 pro on there website

I don't see the b7 pro on there website
Here you go:
http://www.werksracing.com/B7page.html

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmmwDkctCIAhws5o_R4y9MmeMLZkJgwW28O4IseA9wX4mES0Yv6GfHiHHvEI7KCkzkPhHKC10&usqp=CAE.jpg

What about this motor
Looks nice, its lrps top of the line too. Ceramic bearings are always a bonus. Really, anything expensive by a good brand is usually better :p so now you have a good list, do some research on the way they drive picking out points that are important to you and decide from there. Some racers like bottom end, some top, and some high- but it depends on the person. Anyway, a lot of these engines are very high end, and, (no offence) would be kinda wasted on someone who's just gonna bash, not race :) unless your racing them theb the money would be better spent on other upgrades that increase durability.

Last edited:
Novarossi is the greatest engine in the history of greatest engines. Buy one or fall upon your sword. The choice is yours. :p j/k lots of good engines on the market, it all depends on your price range and expectations.

Novarossi is the greatest engine in the history of greatest engines. Buy one or fall upon your sword. The choice is yours. :p j/k lots of good engines on the market, it all depends on your price range and expectations.
Agreed.

Back