Nitro Air filter lube .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyice

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Can I use the Aerosol K&N air filter oil? On my air filter sponge ?

Screenshot_20230311_235617_Chrome.jpg

It should work fine, the aerosol can may result in overspray. I notice that says cotton air filter oil while we use (urethane?) foam filters, but I doubt that'll be an issue.

I use yamalube air filter oil, that 16oz bottle will last forever for R/C use. I put the air filter(s) in a ziplock, add a few drops of oil, knead it through, then use a paper towel to blot the excess out of the filter and let it dry before placing it back in the filter housing.

You can use it, but it's not really thick enough to work effectively in foam.

In 1:1 - K&N filters we used K&N oil. If it was a foam filter, we just used engine oil. Foam/engine oil offered the best protection from dust in the engine.

you can. you want it to be sticky. this guy uses something similar with no problem

My opinion if running in dirt I wouldn’t use it street would be fine. Will collect a lot dust restricting air. You will be cleaning it after every run.

Back in the day when I ran nitro, I just used my After Run Oil (ARO) without any problems in a dusty environment. YMMV

Last edited:
Back