New to nitro, need help with idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordybell1956

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to Nitro, I have follwoed or at least trying to follow all the tuning advice. I was altering the idle needle to close the idle gap to the required gap 1mm, but it came out too much and i am now struggling to get the gap to close. Any ideas. When the car is running it does not race away so the gap is not far out. It may be that I need to do something to facilitate the gap to close more. Help please.

your having trouble with just getting the gap to 1mm? use a paperclip to measure, bend it and stick a point down there and adjust the idle screw till it fits the paperclip. i know on my revo i have to turn the rx off and its counterclockwise to close it and clockwise to open it, hope this helps and welcome to nitro. I've been into nitro for about a month, it has its ups ad downs but the smell sound and crowd drawing ability of a nitro not to mention the fun factor greatly outweigh all the negatives about them.

if the gap isnt closing as much as you would like try adjusting the trim on your throttle. that should close or open (depending on what way you turn it) your carb. you trim may be set to high.