New Rig!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got hold of an ex-comp rig off one of the UK's top crawlers (Neil Clee, finished 2nd in 2009 Nats). He's moved over to Berg and was selling up his Axial gear. Grabbed his rig (no motor or electrics, stock Axial Wheels w/ no tyres) for a song and went about moving the tasty bits off my rig onto it. It's a beautifully set up rig, SWX based with a DNA dig with a really neat servo install.

Still needs a motor as my Cobalt 7T won't fit the SWX because of the the dig servo mounting and the motor gap being too small. If I really miss the 7T I'll change the servo and mod the chassis, it will fit but ATM I need to get this ting comp ready.

Also needs a bit of wiring (servo extension and a battery cable extension) adding to it to bridge the gap between the steering servo and the batteries at the front and the electrics at the back. Will be running 8 cell saddles on the front axle on this rather than the LiFe packs to get the weight down low.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixel_mason/sets/72157606601406291/

Last 5 pics in that set are the new rig.

cool congrats on the new rig.

Got her rockin and rollin this weekend. Novak 55 motor and 8-cell NiMH saddle packs over the front axle. CoG is way down low, stands happily on it's side. Really happy with the setup.

Spent tonight tidying up the electrics and remapping the ESC for the new motor. Saturday is it's first competition. I'll let you guys know how I do.

Sweet. I wish i knew someone with a crawler so i could give one a try. Very cool rigs.

Back