new motor, what gas is best?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHTWLKR

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a new axe rossi momba evolution motor. its never been ran. I've found that they suggest 20 or 30% nitro. Is one noticably diffrent than the other? Are there brands to stay away from? most people I've seen with this motor say they run 30%. is that the best option? thanks for your help guys.

You can ask 10 different people and your going to receive 10 different opinions. So to answer your question no. I run 30%nitro 11% oil in my rigs and it has worked great for me. I will say in my opinion stay away from traxxas fuel it's too oily for my liking.

30% will run a tad cooler and have a tad more power but it doesn't really matter imo if your just bashing. I usually use 30% but if my LHS has 20% on sale I'll buy a gallon of that once in awhile. You have to retune if you switch but its not that big of a deal.

If your doing lots of racing then go 30% if not then 20 or 25%, as for brands I use model technics- but I don't know whether it is available in the u.s.a- I have heard good things about Byrons fuel though...
The higher the percentage the hotter and less lubricated it runs- meaning that it may shorten the life of the engine.

I use a good quality 25% fuel when I run nitro. My preferred brand is Sidewinder, but Byron's and VP are good, too.

thanks guys. i appreciate all the input.

Back