New crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1marty

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here's my first crawler....gotta say, it's a blast to drive!
Built around Clod axles. Quick spec list:
Front and rear RC4wd Store steering linkage
>Heavy duty kimbrough servo savers
>Crawford performance diff lockers front and rear
>Carbon fiber 4 link setup
>RC4wd 4 link mounts
>Hot bodies shocks
>Hitec 645mg servos
>6 cell 3300 pack, lasts about an hour
>RC4wd 8 tooth pinion gears
>Integy 75T motors
>shaved stops for better turning
>articulates too much (90 degree easy)
>cut and BB filled tires on narrowed clod rims (will change soon)
>Airtronics 6 channel radio. F/R axles can be steered independantly of each other. Steering is a bit lacking tho, not turning lock to lock unless I'm moving. Might try not running the rear servo for now.
>cut Bronco body
Brea005.jpg

Brea004.jpg

Brea003.jpg

Looks good.. how do you find the 75 turns ? Do they get enough wheel speed ? I have 65 turns with 8 tooth pinions and I find them alittle slow. I had to goto a 7 cell and then they came alive.

Thats a nice set up!

I'm almost positive your lack luster steering is due to the servo savers. I had the same problem on my TXT. I replaced the servo savers with with aluminum steering arms and it made a huge difference. A crawler doesn't take hard hits on the wheels like nitro so you should be fine...I run the same servos as you.

Good start better then alot I see. I noticed your links are longer in the front. Why? If you swap the links front to back. You will have a 40/60 set up. Which in return will help on those Vertical climbs alot. Other then that looks good.

Good start better then alot I see. I noticed your links are longer in the front. Why? If you swap the links front to back. You will have a 40/60 set up. Which in return will help on those Vertical climbs alot. Other then that looks good.

The links are the same length. No matter anyhow as a new chassis will find its way under it in the near future.:celebrate3:

Back