Need help picking a good GPS, for speed, and distance.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo27

132 ft = Fun.
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Want to gauge my speed for 132 ft. Don't want to break the bank in case I crash it. Thanks Mike from 🦞 Maine.🦞 .

I like it . Can I do the 132 ft drag race? 🇺🇲 To measure both speed and the distance I need? Thanks.

I don't recall if it displays distance on the screen, but you can import the data onto a PC to track distance via Google Maps. It shows max speed which you can reset from the device itself without hooking up to a PC and that's all I ever use it for.

If you wanna track distance, I'm pretty sure the Sky RC GNSS analyser can do that. Seen most speed run and drag racers use that GPS. Note, the GNSS needs to connect to your phone for the app to get the data, and connect to satellites.

I don't use my GPS alot but currently I'm using a Amazon cheapo, I think it is a XOSS G series bike GPS.

Last edited:
Using the GMS-015 for my limited distance speed runs. 132ft rolling starts. Have the GSM-020 want listed for the fall when I begin runs again.

Regarding measuring distance, simply pace off the distance on foot and cone off the start, 132ft mark and 264ft mark. That way I can do a turn-around and make 132ft runs in both direction on the same session sequence. End point for either run is center point keeping radio range and seeing the car well within the doable.

Speed runs are fun and quite challenging. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'