n00b to nitro RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyAce2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just purchased a Revo. Really nice car, but the first thing that broke on it was the clutch spring. i was only on my 7th tank.

annnywaz. what are some good mods to do to the truck?

MIP has a clutch shoe/spring set-up if you want to go aftermarket. As far as mods Just keep it light and strong. I havent done much to mine cause nothing has broken!

what parts should i concentrate on? what companies make parts and what about the diffs, has anyone had blown theirs out before?

I heard this was a big prob with the revo.

I've messed up pretty much all the suspension for the driver front so far...drove with out the clutch spring and it didnt wanna stop, so it crashed into a concrete pole. about 35 dollars worth of parts I'm gunna go get tommorow

Last edited:
Buy extra rod ends and shock ends, good spares to have around. I think RD Racing Products makes some aluminum ones and someone else does as well. I've read a lot about the micro servo going out too, that is if you haven't done the FOC. I just lost mine but that was my fault, in pretty much stock form the Revo isn't a very good swimmer though it floats nice. The chrome didn't last too long on the wheels before it started flaking off but that is all appearance. I've read about people having dif problems but nothing here, yet.

how is the micro server going out? and what is FOC?

any links u can forward me to?

I'm guessing the servo is just stopping working. An FOC is a foward only conversion which would remove the reverse gears and anything dealing with revers (the servo as well).

The micro is locking up and stripping out the gears. I think that is what happened to mine but it getting wet didn't help either. You can read up some on the Traxxas Board under Revo Discussions. They have info there about the FOC as well. www.traxxas.com