My LST2/XXL-E build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGT8.0owner

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys it's been a really long time since i've posted here...i'm sure you all remeber me. i'm doing a prety big build with my lst2 so i figured i'd make a thread for my build, So here it is.

I've been planing this build and gathering parts for the last 3 months. i finally got a order in yesterday that let me get some progress on this.

Here is what i've got so far for the build:

-XXL Chassis and extended driveshafts
-E-Maxx Tranny and motor mount
-Muggy shock Towers and lower mounts.
-Tekno V3 battery tray
-Tony's screw kit for LST/LST2
- And many other Misc. items.

Here is what i still plan on getting:

-Mamba monster ESC
-Neu/Castle 1518 1Y 1800Kv motor
-Proline Silverado 1500 Slash body
-Proline caliber VTR's on Proline VTR rims.
And again, many other misc. items.

So far in the build i've got the truck to roller form with a cardboard mock up chassis plate, i've got the tranny and battery tray mocked up in place and everything is looking good so far.

Here is a picture of the order that came in yesterday:
001-2.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of what i've got done yesterday and today aswell as how it is sitting now:
002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

And as of right now i'm at a little bit of a stand still untill i get some more parts.

Anyway post up what you think!

-Austin

Somebody on another forum asked me a question about how the drive shafts were for length with the tranny being way off to the side...so here are a couple more pics i took from the bottom veiw:
0012.jpg

0022.jpg

I wonder if that driveshaft angle isn't already too close to binding. If you can find the room I would go with more of a centered position. When you actually get the chassis plate you will get a better idea. I am assuming you are going LiPo so that will help with the room issue. I see the battery and RX in the front and the ESC and motor somewhere in the back???

Last edited:
CODY!!!!! long time no talk buddy...well not really but you know what i meen :).

Yes they are ver close to binding lol....but I rolled it around for quite a while today and couldn't feel any binding that had to do with that...i think once i get it all hard mounted with the new chassis plate i'm making it should be ok..

I'd rather not try to move teh tranny to the center for two reasons...One because i'm really liking the lay out on the chassis and everything fits about as perfect as it gets....And two because i really don't want to try and cut and re-weld these shafts...like i can and i have the stuff too i just don't want to deal with balancing issuses.

As for mounting the rx and ESC i'm using the traxxas e-revo esc mount and putting it in the back....and i'm using the stock lst radio box in the front....i'm going to mock some more stuff up tomorrow so you guys see it a lil better...

And since it's the BL e-maxx tranny mount the motor sits up ontop of the tranny...so it's already out of the way..

-Austin

I've got a little it of an update guys, got my MMM last weekend and now my 1520 1Y got here today so i hae ti mocked up a lil more:
002-3.jpg

003-1.jpg

I think landing from a jump is going to slam the rear shaft into the gearbox. By rear, I mean the top one in the picture. Unless of course, that chassis is stiff enough that it will not flex at all.

Well i'm not keeping the cardboard as the chassis :p ,

i'm going to use some 1/8inch nylon plastic for the top plate then brace it in a I pattern underneith, so bracing will go from front to back of the bottom plate, aswell as side to side on the front and back

And also when i cut my chassis i'm going to move the tranny back just a bit(the one thats really close in the picture is the front)

UPDATE TIME!..

My Nylon plastic came today.:
moreplastic.jpg

Then i went on a cutting expidition and cut my top plate to shape aswell as my bottom plate:
chassistopveiw.jpg

chassisbottomveiw.jpg

This stuff is ALOT stronger then i thought it would be....just to see how strong it really was i stood on it(after it was installed like in the pictures above..it held my without even thinking about breaking...barely even bent....and now you may be thinking this isn't that amazing..BUT i weight 210pounds...i'm not a light kid :p

Guys after the long wait i've got some good news!!
IT'S DONE!!!!!

Here are the pictures of it in it's completed form minus the batteries that i am still waiting for from HK:
lstdone.jpg

lstdone2.jpg

lstdone3.jpg

lstdone4.jpg

lstdone5.jpg

lstdone6.jpg

Back