Mounting 1/8th scale shocks on TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am looking at replacing my 8 TMaxx stock shocks with 4 1/8th scale shocks. I know UE used to make some, but I am not interested in spending a whole lot and the UE shocks were $119 last I checked, if you can even still get them. I know that Ofna LX1 rears used to do the trick, but finding those is proving to be tough as well. Would any of the big bore options work, like the rears for the LX2? I am running RPM arms upper and lower and RPM towers as well. What else would I need to get to convert over? Standoffs maybe? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tom

Thanks nitro! I will check out that site. I was hoping not to have to change the bulks and shock towers but it doesn't sound like there is much choice there.

I'd recommend the FLM towers. Here's the flm's with Ofna LX2 rears all the way round.

Attachments

• DSCN1946.JPG
    DSCN1946.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 224
Another vote for the flm towers,your gunna need the the extra upper adjustments!..you can also use the rears off of the the losi buggies

Do I have the option of running the big bores or do I have to stick to the 13mm size? Thanks

Tom

Do I have the option of running the big bores or do I have to stick to the 13mm size? Thanks

Tom

TRX Big bore shocks will go right on the T Maxx, be prepared they aint cheap to buy....

Tom

You can run the buggy BigBore's but your gonna need to be running CVDs with them.
You may need to shave the inside of the upper arms if your running RPM arms and if they rub.

I am running CVD's all the way around. I will check the arm clearance. I'm not sure I want to shave off any of the arm material. I think I am going to order the jammin shocks in your first post. The price is right and I had that buggy and know those are some tough shocks.

Back