Modified Stock Micro Chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentGTboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Before
1503Micro-chassis.jpg

After
1503Micro-chassis-modified.jpg

What do you think? I don't like how the micro's rear suspension is so stiff, It doesn't even need a spring in the back because the chassis bending acts like a spring anyways. With the chassis like this I think that having a rear, fluid filled shock would actually make a differance. What do you think?

I read a few articles about this. It should work better than the stock configuration. Make sure both sides are even. Use a template and draw it out first. The smallest difference from one side to the other will cause major handling issues.

Let us know how it works for you.
-Ed

Modified stock chassis

Nice concept, I see a lot of mods similar to this on the YourMicro Forums.
Unfortunately, these type of modifications can cause chassis breakage, especialy if you get clipped on the rear axle area by another Micro, or if you slide rear wheels first into an immovable object.

A better option would be to invest in the bargain ARM Pan Chassis
These puppies cost less than $15 each and they are great.
The only shortfall is the fact that they only support 150mm wheelbase and the two holes and cut out behind the front suspension have not been done. (This is to support the HPI Dual-Link Steering Kit)

You can use your stock Micro chassis as a template to drill the 140mm setting holes and the dual-link steering kit holes and cut-out. It's simple, I've done it.

Here's a pic of the ARM Chassis

While your there, check out the awesome bodyshells they make too.

I don't like the look of a pan chassis and I don't intend on doing any races. I just got this cars to have fun with when I can't with my Nitro cars. I'd like to keep my car skinny and just run some 7.2v battery packs from onlybatteries.com and maybe get an upgraded skinny chassis. That would be it. I already have a big block.

REally? Don't lie the pan chassis huh? You can tune your micro so much more as far as weight distribution with a pan. I think there awesome.

looks ugly, I like the motech one though. This is my sunday driving car...

Ok maybe I do like pan chassis's now :p:
I made my own and it rocks! Plus I am running 7.2v now and the thing hauls at 30mph!
1503000_0296.jpg

Try going to RATZAS.COM real nice chassis kits. we just ran a 1000 lap race on carpet. handles real nice lots of room for 6 cells
and a 1/12 scale shock conversion.
3 t plates for different conditions

Back