Mini-B Servo Saver Installation

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Bought a new servo saver for my Mini-B today, part number LOS211035. Thought it would be pretty intuitive, but this sucker has me stumped. Can't seem to find much online from an installation standpoint, so hoping someone here can lend a hand.

20230211_145020.jpg

Ok, think I had an "a-ha" moment. Can someone check my work?
20230211_150802.jpg
20230211_150815.jpg
20230211_150847.jpg

Last edited:
My stock one is build a bit differently but yeah, looks good to me.

Looks like that is a servo saver from the new 1/16 drag car. Looks good to me. I used to have the losi aluminum horn (20t) on the stock servo. And now I have a savox servo. I ordered a 3d printed servo horn off of eBay and hopefully that works with my savox servo.

You got it correct. Never saw one that uses the horn mounting screw to adjust the saver spring tension though. I would but just a tiny, tiny drop of blue 243 loctite on the screw, just so it doesn't back out.

You got it correct. Never saw one that uses the horn mounting screw to adjust the saver spring tension though. I would but just a tiny, tiny drop of blue 243 loctite on the screw, just so it doesn't back out.
Yep, put just a drop or two since it's metal into metal. Least I got that right!
Looks like that is a servo saver from the new 1/16 drag car. Looks good to me. I used to have the losi aluminum horn (20t) on the stock servo. And now I have a savox servo. I ordered a 3d printed servo horn off of eBay and hopefully that works with my savox servo.
Yep, what it is. Evidently, the stock ones blow out pretty easy, so the LHS stocks these and pretty much advises swapping them out right away. I'd been running it with a zip tie since it was always slipping, especially if I bumped into a wall.

...it was always slipping, especially if I bumped into a wall.
That's what I would be afraid of with this design. When the servo saver gets tweaked, it will twist the spring. There is some give there, but still there is some potential for that to transfer some of that twist to the washer up top, trying to loosen the screw. And having a countersunk screw makes that even worse. So the loctite will help a lot there. Hopefully it holds up fine.

But if not, if it were me, I would opt for a servo with a bit extra torque and forego the saver and use a simple metal horn instead. It being a small scale RC, crashing isn't as bad on components as it is on bigger RC's.

Last edited:
Yep, put just a drop or two since it's metal into metal. Least I got that right!

Yep, what it is. Evidently, the stock ones blow out pretty easy, so the LHS stocks these and pretty much advises swapping them out right away. I'd been running it with a zip tie since it was always slipping, especially if I bumped into a wall.
Good to know. I have the mini b and the mini T2.0. If I have that issue Ill know what to grab :)

That's what I would be afraid of with this design. When the servo saver gets tweaked, it will twist the spring. There is some give there, but still there is some potential for that to transfer some of that twist to the washer up top, trying to loosen the screw. And having a countersunk screw makes that even worse. So the loctite will help a lot there. Hopefully it holds up fine.

But if not, if it were me, I would opt for a servo with a bit extra torque and forego the saver and use a simple metal horn instead. It being a small scale RC, crashing isn't as bad on components as it is on bigger RC's.
Agreed, if this thing goes South on me, I'll be going with a higher torque servo. Will say, steering seems a bit quicker now, but maybe that's just in my head. 🤪

Last edited:
Back