May be the last post from the office.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Error401

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I jsut saw the cable guy eyeballing around the office. I don't know what's going on, but it looks like our cable may be history, and there hasn't been any talk of another inet provider. So, if I don't PM ya NA during "office hours" yall will know what's up. Damn, now I'm gonna have to do some work.

Man that would suck if you lost your Internet connection at work. Maybe the cable guy is eyeballing your office for a new jack location.

yeah - ur upgrading to a T1, error - think positive! lol

upgrading to a t1, i'm jealous. we run a cable modem gateway here (32 static addresses 600 Kbps up & down). it the only business cable modem service i've ever heard of. it's very reliable and fast which is weird for cable. i would much rather a t1 -- cheap bastards!

We had a T-1 line, and it kind of sucked. Maybe it was just our provider, but when we got the fat pipe cable hookup, the speed actually jumped up. But we have to get referrals from customers to keep the pipe at the rate we have it at. I can't remember the last time we sold a cable connection. That's why I thought they were here to cut the line.

In most cases depending on usage in a particular area, a cable connection is much faster than a T-1. A T-1 will only get you 1.5Mbps. As an example, in the middle of the night here I get about 3Mbps at home on my cable connection.

for a business, reliablilty is where it's at. we run a webserver adn an email server off the cable modem gateway. if that cable modem even goes down for a half hour, i get calls from the atlanta office because the are unable to send clients their data from automated seismographs.

this cable modem service rocks. one day i was sitting here and the ISP called me. "i see your cable modem has been down for 10 minutes..." .... "it has?" it was a problem with our node. he also told me we're the only customer on that node. which explains why it's alsways so damn fast.

over the past 3 years, i think we've had a total of maybe an hour and a half of down time. my residential cable modem is another story.

i would still rather a T1 for stability reasons.

Need forspeed

Man, firewalls and content filters suck too.
That's my nemesis at work, content filters, if you access certain websites (all RC related - of course) the darned content filter sometimes blocks them.
Fortuntately this site is clean as a whistle and accessible.

When I worked for a certain company that claims to be "the center of your digital world" we had an OC-48 Sonnet ring Internet connection. 2.48GB/s
Wicked I tell ya, wicked and I mean wicked!
(Did I just cause a kitten to die?)