Maxx diff and bulk head rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i just picked up a maxx v2 used. Ordered new arms, bulk heads shock towers ect from jennys. Tore it down and found that the front and rear bulk heads were cracked. No biggy, started to the the rear together clean and grease every thing. Got it together and every once in a while the gears wont mesh right and will bind a little. There was no shims in the diff what so ever. I looked and i found traxxas does not even list shims. Tryin to find out if this is normal or not

Yes that's normal for Traxxas. Your outdrive bearings are 12x18x4 and the only shims I could find are also 12x18, they would drag on your outdrive cups. You might try an Ebay search for shims, I found some 19mm ones for my Sledge there.

Last edited:
I don't think I used any with stock bulkheads. When I put vitavon bulks on, I think I used some though. But they were 15x21 for the ring gear side.

I have vitavon ring/pinion on the rear and still stock on the front (with vitavon spares in a drawer).

Back