Making A Dune Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TINY_MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My dad, my bro and I are making a Dune Buggy out of a 600cc liquid cooled Sport bike engine.Its from my bros crashed out yamaha FZR 600 sports bike.So far me and my dad stripped the bike down.All thats left to do is to get the engine out of the frame.We have the blue prints for the chassis and rollcage and everything else for the dune buggy.We're going to use quad tires and rims.It will be 2 wheel drive.We know for a fact that it will easily break 60mp/h.I'll get some pics of the build process.:snowman:

Yea I really would love to see this being made. It will be awsome when you get it done. 600cc wow my savage is only 4.1cc it is 10lbs and does 40mph i think it will go over sixty maybe even 100mph

i'll tell my dad to bring home the digital camera from work so we can take some pics of what weve done so far.:cheers:

Originally posted by dougc
Yea I really would love to see this being made. It will be awsome when you get it done. 600cc wow my savage is only 4.1cc it is 10lbs and does 40mph i think it will go over sixty maybe even 100mph

Displacement doesn't affect top speed, it's the higher the RPM.

Really i didnt know that May i ask what displacement does. Or is it just some number not really need. I know it is the space inside the "pistion whole" Right?? So this displacement means nothing?... Boy dont i feel stupid and as soon as i thought i knew it all.. lol j/p :confused:

Originally posted by SilentGTboy

Displacement doesn't affect top speed, it's the higher the RPM.

Ehhhh, kinda, not really. Power and gearing affect top speed. *Generally* the larger the displacement the more power, therefore the more you can gear it for top speed. Depending on where you power band is factors how you gear it. What I'm trying to get at is just because you can rev 40,000 rpm doesn't mean you'll have a high top speed.

Yup, but that was the next days lesson. Smaller displacement engines are faster revving because of the less mass that has to get up to top RPM.

Back