Looking for a current revo drop in big block.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I barely drive my 3.3 revo, especially after running my LRP28 revo so much. Just makes the 3.3 a total slug to drive. Only wheelies on occasion, tune was horrendous until I installed my OS18TM carb on it, now it holds a tune all day long, but still, the low end grunt is really lacking.

So, I've been reading on a drop in big block and it seems the OS21TM is the only drop in that I can find these days.The only reasons I don't just buy it is because I've never seen it run and $280 isn't chump change to me. For almost $300, I'd like to have witnessed it running or at least hear from a few people that really like it in comparison to the 3.3 or a true big block. (preferably both)

I know OFNA has a force 28 now that "drops in" with their non-adjustable mount. Curious who has one of the OFNA/picco drop ins as to why it needs the special mount.

Are there any others that drop in as a pull-start without a leaner BB mount?

I do have a spare leaner mount and a picco .28 that has never been taken out of the box, but knowing what I know with the LRP in my other one... it will be pretty much uncontrollable. Besides, I'd like a little more power than the 3.3 so I burn less fuel, require less drivetrain upgrades and still pull a wheelie when I want. To me, the ability to pull a wheelie at will only means I have the right amount of power for where/how I drive.

I made it a whole day before buying an OS21TM for my 3.3 revo. $250 NIB seemed pretty decent on ebay. No tax or shipping is always nice. Also ordered another targethobby.com DSM2 receiver for the revo that's getting the new engine so I don't have to be so skittish about the range when breaking it in.

Now I wait and hope the 60F+ temps hold out for a few more weeks!

I just scored a jl .28 max with t-max mount and pull start for 102.50!....which along with the .21tm, is not a big block. I can't wait to hear it sing through that ths revo bb pipe.

I don't know how you'd get the pipe to fit the the OS21TM. I have that pipe on my BB revo, but with a totally mangled header to get it to lay flat.

I was considering that engine, but was trying for something less thirsty that I could run a quieter SB pipe on. Also, less wear and tear on things, but still able to pull a wheelie and not labor like a dog when running in grass. Also, the revo mount for that is fixed, so stock gearing only. Which seems to kind of defeat the purpose of the engine IMO. Go big block, then don't gear it taller? WTF?

Oh, how did you get that for $102?!?!?

Last edited:
I have a bb pipe adapter from Racer 1966, a mount from New Era.....LOL, and a lot of luck finding good deals on Ebay. I'll see if I can get you a pic of my 'ol Sirio S27 using that pipe. I run an M2c clutch with an 18/36 ratio now and it's sick! I can't wait to get the .28 since having a Picco .26 made my throttle linkage much easier to set up.

Good to see ya BTW....It's been a while.

Yeah, got the bug again late in the season. I'll see how mine does with the small block THS pipe for now.

Does the adapter extend the output port at all? I just don't see how the header ring/rim could fit on there at all with the starter housing.

This is my OS21TM revo thread:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/my-os-21tm-3-3-revo.112093/

Back