Let's Shave!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, my baby face and my wifes disposable razors are having a creamy ball! :hehe: I can tell after a shave once a week for the past 7 weeks that Chuck Norris is coming out!

I believe the more you shave the thicker it gets..

Well I took the plunge about a week ago...I enjoy shaving, and get 0 ingrown hairs, but I don't find that its a very close shave. I can still feel the stubble, and it doesn't look like a good close shave. My electric seems to give me a closer shave.

How many passes are you doing? What directions? Did you get a blade sample pack or just one type of blade, if so what kind?

I've been doing 2-3 passes, in the same direction the hair grows. So far I've used Astra superior Platnum, and Derby Extra blades.

Its probably just something I'm doing wrong!

How many passes are you doing? What directions? Did you get a blade sample pack or just one type of blade, if so what kind?

I typically do either 2 or 3 passes. If I'm doing 2 passes I do it with the grain (top to down) then against the grain (bottom to up). If I'm doing 3 passes I do the same as 2 but in between I go side to side.

For me the with the grain gets a nice shave and then against the grain gives me the very smooth skin.

Also, are you making sure to wash your face well before shaving, using warm water? This will help soften the hairs and lift them ensuring a nice close cut as well.

I've been doing 2 passesa, but they have been in the same direction (typically down) I'll try doing my second pass in the opposite direction. Thanks!!

Neither, weed-eater....

Seriously, though, I've been using a Braun electric, because it's what I started using in the military.

I just joined the club, I ordered a few things that I hope I'll enjoy.

Merkur HD 34C
Proraso Shaving Cream
100 Astra Blades

Hopefully I like them and can start enjoying my daily shaves, now I just need the AF to fix my base housing so that I can get hot water.

I have been using mine for about 2 weeks, and I have began to enjoy shaving again, i bought some drug store blades though, not real happy with them. but all in all I'm very happy with my shaves now!!

I have been using mine for about 2 weeks, and I have began to enjoy shaving again, i bought some drug store blades though, not real happy with them. but all in all I'm very happy with my shaves now!!

That's awesome, so I'm not the only crazy one. I tell people that since I've switched that I actually look forward to shaving and enjoy it. Those still using the cartridges look at me like I'm crazy.

That's awesome, so I'm not the only crazy one. I tell people that since I've switched that I actually look forward to shaving and enjoy it. Those still using the cartridges look at me like I'm crazy.

Same here :hehe:

It's really good to hear so many that have made the switch, and are seeing great results and enjoying their shave.

I also look forward to shaving! My wife loves it because I shave regularly now instead of every few days.

Where's @digger, our resident redneck when we need him?

Man! I always read the posts in "general chaos." I missed this one because I don't shave much. I have had a beard for almost 30yrs... Usually kept it trimmed.

It is long enough now that one grand-daughter asked if she could braid it. (that is gonna hurt) :whhooo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man! I always read the posts in "general chaos." I missed this one because I don't shave much. I have had a beard for almost 30yrs... Usually kept it trimmed.

It is long enough now that one grand-daughter asked if she could braid it. (that is gonna hurt) :whhooo:

Only if she "accidentally" includes your chest hair. lol

I've been using mine for almost 2 months now, and I love the shave I get. I was called into work yesterday and didn't have time to shave. I used my electric for the first time...big mistake! I've got a few ingrown hairs, and it looked horrible!

Thanks for initially sharing and giving me the idea the kick in the rump to start using this!

I joined the club about a month ago and absolutely love the single blade razor. I noticed the differance on the first shave. Thing is last week I used it on my head and well it did not go as smooth as my face, a couple of small cuts later and getting the bleeding to stop too a minute or four but still the smothest facial shave I have ever had. I am thinking about teaching my boys with the single blade but not sure if that is a good idea or not. I don't think they will have the patience at first to go as slow as needed as well as the attention to detail and not be rushed.