Lessen's M18 Drifter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all ya need is elec tape on the wheels.....lessen's just showin off....

all ya need is elec tape on the wheels

Absolutely correct. But that would take all the thought out of it. I lost a front driveshaft last week so I thought about giving it a shot as a solid RWD. I'm waiting on the rest of my springs and sway bars. I've also gone to 0 camber, 6 caster (from the stock 12 caster) at the front in hopes that it will help slide the nose more. I may even go to 0 caster but first thing is first. I start my 2-10:30 schedule next week which is going to make it harder for me to find time to test. I'll keep on updating...

Last edited:
Well, THAT didn't work. With the front wheels free spinning the car just turns right around. It seems that I definately need to stick to AWD. I kind figured that's what it would do but it was just a test anyways. Probably put the Solid-Axle back in the front with a standard diff in the rear. That's what I started with and the car was the most predictable then. The new sway bars made a huge difference as well. I have a lot of options now so it's just a matter of test, test, test.

Well today was much better and definately the most successful so far. It seemed to flow into the turn rather predictably and was able to hold the back out just slightly for a moment. I'm still trying to learn how to keep the rear out by throttle control but right now I don't think I'm close enough on the setup. I starting to think I'm geared for too much top speed. For one, I'm having more success at medium speeds than at higher speeds. Two, when I do get a good entry and center I can't keep the back out by giving it more throttle, just not enough torque. The other problem is that the car is slowing too much after entry. There are some suspension adjustments that I can make to keep the momentum up.. I think relieving some of the rear toe-in may help with that. However,I still think that I may need to gear it lower OR substitute the Monster Termination for the higher torque/lower rpm Mass Termination. I'll try to get some vid of my next session.

looks good. hope it all works out.

Do you live near a track to race it at?

I would imagine I would find some 1/18 racing if I looked around, unfortunately I don't have much time to race r/c's right now.

Back