Keurig Addict

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a Hamilton Beach machine last week that will brew a carafe on one side and single serve on the other. Someone gave me a couple of Keurig cups to try. Turns out it will take a keurig cup or the cup of anyone else, and it also has a small screen unit if you want to brew your own coffee in a single cup. While I was in Bed Bugs and Beyond I saw a display of screen filters for single brewers and it said on the package, "Not compatible with Keurig 2.0.
Trying to force the customer to being locked into their own cups would have been their total downfall. They took quite a beating after selling so many units during the Christmas rush then having to take so many back because customers felt screwed.
That's like buying a new Chevy and ONLY being able to use the gas that a Chevrolet dealer sells at a higher price.

Exactly right @Rolex. There are several hacks out there on the internet for the Keurig 2.0's DRM, if you want to look for them. Me, I just gave the original versions away to family so they could brew the K-cups or their own favorite brew.

Life before coffee.jpg

The answer to your above post is a resounding "NO!!!"
Today I opened Arabica whole bean coffee from Trader Joe's, ground it in my new Cuisinart grinder, brewed it in my new Hamilton Beach Coffee maker, sat back and enjoyed an incredible mug of Java as my eyelids started to raise.

As I tell my lead roaster who is a coffee snob. It's just coffee, one day I'm going to actually see his head explode. :eek:

Last edited:
Finally got around to de-liming the Keurig yesterday. It was taking almost double the time to brew a cup as it used. It took a couple of hours and now it works as good as new.

We have a keurig at our office and the 4 or 5 kinds of coffee I tried in it taste awful. We drink lame ol 8'oclock bean at home. I have a 3 or 4 level water filter to make the water not taste like crap, which helps a lot. I gave up at work when we got an ice machine. Now I make lipton tea in the keurig and fill my cup with ice to have iced tea all day. At least I start the day with a 24oz cup from home, which usually gets me to about 10am... if I drink a 10oz cup or two at home before I leave home.

Yeah, Olds, some of the coffee in the K-cups isn't great. I have found some that is pretty good that I order directly from Green Mountain (the company that owns Keurig). You might try a filter pack with tour own home ground in it, like @Rolex and I do sometimes.

Back