Keurig Addict

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what.....grind and brew,or do you grind the night before?should a fresh grind have some breath time?......we have been using foldiers columbian roast,one tbs per cup is our mix

You want to brew as close to the grind time as possible. Coffee starts losing flavor as soon as the grounds meet air. 1 tbsp. per cup is about what most people prefer. As far as coffee beans go, I prefer the Columbian Supremo from Sam's Club.

any good man powered grinders out in the market

I'm on the road and missing my coffee. All I have now is this Folgers-type stuff that tastes like it was strained through a jockstrap!

Well' I'm on the road doing some consulting work and I have take what I can get. Cough! Damn, more glitter from that showgirl's G-string i used for a filter. Damn Las Vegas...

The rhinestones get caught in my teeth....

I got home from my business trip last and came home to a dead coffee maker. Any suggestions on a replacement for my 3-year old Bunn? I need my good coffee.

UPDATE: I ended up get the K40 Elite and the filter basket adapter. We'll see how this goes...

Last edited:
I have a question for the Keurig users: Is anyone else having problems with coffee sediment at the bottom of their cups when using the filter pack with their own coffee?

Never heard of Keurig before this thread. The best we have of that sort of machines over here is Nespresso. And since I can't brew a cup to save my life it get's me a decent cup when I need it. And since I only drink one or two cups a day, it suits me just fine. I love coffee, but have a low tolerance for caffeine. Can lead to a sudden porcelain throne incident if my threshold is passed. :)

6Bhbq.png

6pfrF.png

Hamz those screen type filters all allow some fine sediment to pass through

Found out some interesting news over the weekend:

Keurig made a mistake! Shocking! They admitted that they should not have done away with the ability to brew outside coffee in the My K-Cup filter after a huge amount of backlash on social sites. So in the near future they well be "fixing" this DRM issue on the newer Keurig 2.0 pots.

Back