Iracing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone here race at Iracing.com? I really want to get it. I already have a Logitec G27 wheel and a decent tv. I just need to build a computer that will run it smoothly. I've also put almost 20k miles on Gran turismo 5 and I think its time to step it up. Anyone here have it and like it?

I've not heard of it, better check out. Only thing I play now is mx simulator on pc.

I just checked it out and it looks great!! I would need to get a wheel and pedals to give it a try

Last edited:
I've been watching youtube videos on it..Its pretty much like watching a race on tv. Plus it has the league that is officially sanctioned by NASCAR. I'm just bored of bad AI and hot laps on GT5.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0j4lLnKJQ4"]How To: Plan Your iRacing Career - YouTube[/ame]

I finally got it up and running. I love it. I think it gives you the best racing experience for not actually being on a racetrack. It is a little difficult going from a gran turismo type sim that has superglue tires and no weight transfer though.

I racing is pretty neat... I just can't get past the monthly charges. They laser map all the tracks in the game so that every bump, crack and degree of banking is accurate.

The price is the downside. Having to purchase tracks and cars is also very expensive. It's a hobby, but it is still much much cheaper than racing in real life, which I always wanted to do. I got out of the rookie series in road and oval in a day. Now I'm running legends cars mostly with a little mx5 road course action here and there.

---------- Post added at 3:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:24 PM ----------

And about the bumps, I've always played those nascar games. The bumps the throw in there are garbage. Right now the only big oval I have is charlotte and there is a slight dip if you arch it into turn 1 that I never felt in a game. I crashed a slow street stock car the first time I hit it because it threw me off so much from what I was expecting. I got it saturday. Getting the feeling for everything and my lap times and setups are vastly improving.

Back