IE going belly up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they're going to include it in Windows 10 for compatibility reasons but the newer one will eventually replace IE completely. Microsoft has had enough of taking a beating in the browser wars fro Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

I eagerly look forward to the day when ALL of Microsoft is belly up and there's a stable OS that will forever be upgraded at no additional cost. A newer OS every few years is really bogus.

43asj_zpsfd845a56.png

Not sure what your link has to do with IE :p but yeah, I heard it was on its way out a couple months ago.

I've used Firefox since they started.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you use the sidebar for weather, Lottery results or anything else on line, it doesn't work any more. Another one of their security issues. They disabled it in 7 and 8 and won't include it any more.

I was Using firefox until yesterday...

Got too bloated and slow as well as resource heavy for my liking.

Ended up going back to using safari. faster, lighter and lacks the updates every other week.

Whilst I do/did like firefox, I can't stand the updates at what seem like every other week and the whole thing just bleeting until you update it by flashing up the "we strongly recommend you update" window every time you open the browser.

I have it update automatically. When it does it opens to a welcome page that I just close. I'm just so used to it and I've gotten used to so many of the useful features like colorful tabs for things like blue for here, blinding red so I don't forget to close my bank site, and Ad Block Plus works seamlessly along with autofill and many other add ons.

besides frequent updates is a good thing...it means their on top of patching any glitches, security issues, and adding functionality :)

Not complaining about security, but for me it has become too slow and bloated...

Other than that I like it. my missus uses it on her lappy and has no issues, but then, she rarely ever uses the lappy for internet since she got her iDevice tabpad thing....

I've been using Pale Moon. It's basically a stripped down version of Firefox. Even uses Firefox add-ons.

So, nobody keeps a copy of their favourite browser on a fly-drive so they can install, then update it to avoid using IE then?

must be just me that does that then! lol

Back