1. Ask questions. Share your knowledge. Register TODAY!

Ice Ice Ready.

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC' started by Timmahh, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

gonna go do a bit of ice thrashing tomorrow with a few other locals. will get more pics and maybe some vid too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BradZ

BradZ RCNT Talkaholic

Sweet, should be good! Lol Team GoNads!

3. h8z2luze

h8z2luze RCNT VIP

lol thats cool get a vid or 2!

4. Cupooterluvr

Cupooterluvr Hardcore RCNT User

You know I expect vids, right?

That's a nice setup you got on the tires. I can't wait to see the mist that comes off those things when they tear into a slab of cold ice :D

5. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

cam and vid corder are chargeing up now. should be 3 of us bajas out there, and likely some quads and bikes too.

6. BOUTCH

BOUTCH Hardcore RCNT User

NICE!! i wanna vid vid vid vid....;)

7. Cyclop3000

Cyclop3000 RCNT Racer

Darn this thing is huge :) Did you add the studs yourself to the tires or it's something available for the baja? If you did it yourself, what did you use?

Could be interesting since I live on the shore of a river where they prep the ice for skating every winter!

Very nice!

8. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

ya went to the local motorsports shop and picked up 250 KoldKutter ice studs and put them in myself. 20ish bux for a bag of 250. does all 4 tires and gives you some spares (50 or so).

it wasnt too bad, but at 40* the ice was WET as hell. but safe at 15inches thick yet. hardest thing was trying to keep the air filter dry. wasnt too bad but after 15 or 20 mins, it was starting to choke out due to the water saturating the air filter.

Man that Track is BIG. WAY bigger than i hoped it was. i ll be editing and uploading some of the vid i got. wasnt much, as it sat on the dash of my Van while we were getting some runs in.
    should have it ready maybe tonight or tomorrow.

9. itsalifeworthliving

itsalifeworthliving RCNT Addict

thats awsome tim. i ran into the same problems today with the melt over. it was a mess on the lake and didnt even bother. i went to the golf course and it wasnt much better. cant wait for all the "cack" th thow out. I'm ready for some reall bashing

10. tim-rachel

tim-rachel RCNT Talkaholic

thats nice one day i will have one of those lol

11. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

a few pics and the 1st of the 3 vids i was able to do. simple vids no editing, just off the cam to the puter to the google.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WingNutz
    [​IMG]

Scorpian Unlimiteds 5T
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vid 1 of 3
    [ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-192842804980058224&hl=en[/ame]

Vid 3 of 3
    [ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1538411040552862339&hl=en[/ame]

will post other vid once uploaded and live.

Timmahh

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  12. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

waiting on vid 2, its about 20 minutes long, just needs to finish processing.

13. h8z2luze

h8z2luze RCNT VIP

haha thats awesome

14. destrucktomaxx

destrucktomaxx RCNT Talkaholic

So how much traction did you end up getting with those studs? Reminds me of the time my room mate and I went sledding on a frozen lake up there in MI. 150 mph across a frozen lake on a Yamaha RX-1....that thing was sick!

15. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

check the vids and look at the doughnuts being pulled. lol get more slide on the dirt.

16. Timmahh

Timmahh RCNT Addict

Vid 2 of 3.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3549797535805405268[/ame]