I crashed one my tmaxx I just got. my throttle servo stuck wide open

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.bear.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
u3ejapeb.jpg
usubupa8.jpg
7epapy6e.jpg
matu7ase.jpg
umutu4en.jpg

That poor tree.

Need a fail safe and a spring on the throttle linkage.

That was the fist time I ran it

Its Murphy's Law. Rc's only run away at full throttle.
Any carnage pics of the truck?

I have to get new a-arms , drive shafts, shocks, new servo and a fail safe .

IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/u3eme3a7.jpg[/IMG]
a6ujyjes.jpg
jananusy.jpg

Man that's some carnage alright. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: That green case on your receiver box, is that a fail safe?
If you keep your current radio system, this is the fail safe I recommend. Its about the size of a dime, and its easy to program.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-MICRO-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fe065eef

This would be the perfect time to upgrade to some aluminum bulk heads (NOT Integy) and RPM control arms, even if it's only the front.
Chances are your hinge pins are bent so you check those over along with your turnbuckles and tie rod ends, and bumper brackets.
Also inspect your suspension knuckles for cracks, knuckle bearings and pivot balls.
Did you have a servo saver on your rig??

Last edited:
Looks like that Venom failsafe wasn't either working or programmed correctly. +1 on the rpm parts.

544305_377189099054774_173532826_n.jpg
I have been here more than once lol I to used blocks to hold it up for a while but you can craft an awesome stand out of PVC pipe makes changing shocks, control arms, tie rods, etc.

---------- Post added at 5:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

1690323_519286608178355_833799799_n.jpg
Another view

No chassis damage? By the looks of the tree I would of guessed a bit more damage

I just got it and guess the previous owner turned off the failsafe don't know why but I turned it back on and I think something was up with the servo so I got a traxxas 2055 to replace the 2018. Stock it had the black bulkhead I could only get the Gray and I had to dremel out some plastic and then it fit
ma4ynadu.jpg
so that should help

Woww poor tree

I have an old school dynamite fail safe that I still run its huge but it works. I learned just like you except I hit a parked car tire and shoved my bumper back to my throttle servo lets say that rims are way less forgiving then RC cars....

Lesson learned always have your failsafe on. Your actually lucky no one got hurt and that you had very minimal damage.

Have fun!!!

damn, good thing i got that hpi fail safe from the LHS abut 3 weeks ago.

Once again t maxx's make terrible chainsaw's!

Looks just like mine when I clipped a bit of rebar stickin up in some grass at WOT!

Now's a good time to ebay a 2.4ghz TX/RX, it's the best $35~40 you can spend & it has a built in failsafe!

I got fs-gt3b it has a built in failsafe and it works good