HPI Baja 5B tires, grass/pavement use

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Pro Line foams only lasted about 2 tanks. Hostile is the way to go. I have about 4-5 tanks on my zero growth are rears and they are good as new.

Well... too late now. Already ordered them. Guess I'll try taping them because I didn't think to do that when In installed these.

And yes, 4 tanks of runtime total, so roughly 4 hours.

wow...thats beat on the foams blowing up like that. definitely tape the prolines...they blow up like the ones you just had. Hostiles are the way to go. look into getting the zero growth ones if you can find them.

So, did they grenade because I didn't tape them? Or is this just a 1/5 scale weight thing that I have to learn to live with? Or is it because they were just cheap foams...

mainly from them being cheaply made. i read a thread before on HBF that before Hostile came out with his foams people would use pool noodles b/c the foams were exploding every few tanks.

Pool noodles? That's a completely different kind of "foam". More plasticy than rubber like the foam we use. Surprised it worked at all!

Well, if they crap out on me, then I'll spend the $40 on a set of hostile foams. Sucks to spend $50 on tires and $40 on foams... Hopefully they will fit inside the tires I have.

How long do hostile's last? This is a stupid problem to have with a $1000 rig. lol