1. Ask questions. Share your knowledge. Register TODAY!

How to keep the t-maxx clean?????

Discussion in 'Traxxas T-Maxx' started by THUNDER, Nov 5, 2003.

1. THUNDER

THUNDER RC Newbie

Are there any other good cleaners besides denatured alcohol, or the nitro clean spray to clean your r/c car?
    I am spending a forture on cleaning my car. It probably runs my about $ 4 every time that I clean it off. Does anybody know an inexpensive but effective way to keep it all clean?
    Thanks alot, oh, I took care of the heat problem. Using 20% helped out alot. thanks:bow:

2. ImBroken

ImBroken Still Lurking... Supporter

I use a product called Simple Green. I buy it in the concentrate form & make up spray bottles for cleaning my truck. Spray it on, give a light brushing, rinse it off & blow it out with an air compressor. Looks good as new....

3. THUNDER

THUNDER RC Newbie

I use that stuff for my planes, when I am done flying for the day., it isn't safe for electronics is it? if not what do you use to keep the servos, engine dry while you use the simple green?

4. ImBroken

ImBroken Still Lurking... Supporter

I only use it when I'm doing a tear down cleanup mostly... Motor & electronics is removed before hand.. The compressor is great for afterbash cleanings...

5. SkyMaxx

SkyMaxx RCNT VIP Supporter Active Military

I use dish soap and my kitchen sink's hose. Requires a little caution around the electronics and a thorough drying, but it works. I end up oiling some parts a little, but the price is just right. Just have to duck the wife so she doesn't kill me for getting her sink filthy...:D

6. msly

msly Gone - bye bye.

Yup...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. nitro dave

nitro dave Hardcore RCNT User

the best way to keep your maxx clean is to leave it on your shelf..:bunny:

8. Team 17

Team 17 Hardcore RCNT User

I use bike cleaner and nitro blast. Works very well.